A customer can be added through the Customer Information window or the Sales Order window (if the user has proper permissions set).
Adding New Customers in the Customer Information window:
- Select Customer > Customer Information to open the Customer window.
- Click the Add New Customer button in the window.
- In the Customer and Ship To tabs enter all necessary information for the new customer you are adding. If necessary, add contacts in the Contacts tab
- Click the Save button.
- The customer has now been saved into the system.
Adding New Customers from a new sales order:
A user can only add a new customer from a sales order if they have permission in Configuration Management > User > User Information.
- Select Sales > Sales Order to open the Sales Order window.
- Click the Add new order button from the toolbar.
- In the Cust Name field enter the name of the new customer.
- Press the Tab key or click anywhere in the window and a prompt will appear asking if you would like to add a new customer. Click the Yes button to do so.
- Another prompt will appear. The customer name you entered in step 2 will appear in the provided field. Keep this one or enter a different customer ID.Click the OK button.
- Enter the order as usual and then click the Save button.
- This new customer is now saved to the system with a customer record in the Customer Information window. Information entered in the sales order such as bill to address, ship to address, contact information, etc. will be in the customer record.
- Select Customer > Customer Information to open the Customer Information window and enter any information not supplied from the sales order.
- Click the Save button