You will transfer inventory as usual, but you will need to specify from which bin locations you need to transfer from and to. The transfer sessions can be utilized for 2 reasons:
- Transferring from one location to another within the same warehouse
- Transferring from one warehouse location to another warehouse location
The Location field is in the data grid of the Transfer window (Inventory > Inventory Transfer) for each product entered. When a product is entered, the Location field will default to the Primary location of the specific product in the selected warehouse.
To transfer inventory into a location other than the Primary Location choose from one of the 3 options below:
- To select a location already listed on the item, click in the Location field and click the drop-down arrow that appears. When quantity exists in multiple locations, you’ll see the list in the drop-down menu.
- If you want to transfer inventory into multiple locations for the same product, you must add the product again on a new line. Each line will have its own Location selected. Make sure to edit the quantity to reflect what’s going into each location.
- To add a new location, type the new location in the To Location field. If the product does not exist in this new location, a prompt will pop-up asking to add the location. Click Yes, if you wish to add it.