In version 9.0, we added scheduling functionality to both Business Alerts and each Sales Order window. This gives users access to schedule orders based on certain criteria in batches or on each order individually. Each option is lined out below.
Schedule Orders in a Batch
- Open the Business Alerts utility by going to Alerts > Business Alerts or by clicking the Alerts button on the icon bar.
- Navigate to the Sales Order Mgmt tab of the utility to view orders.
- The user has a list of available filters to view certain orders based on specific criteria:
- Type – This is the specific Order Status or type of order. You have the following options: Open Orders, Scheduled Orders, Backordered Status, Backordered Items, Booked Orders, Completed Orders, Cancelled Orders, Open Quotes, Rejected Quotes, Cancelled Quotes, Service Orders, Completed Service Orders, and Cancelled Service Orders.
- Due – Specify the Due date based on the Requested, Promised, or Not before/after dates listed on the individual Sales Orders. The available options here are Anytime, Due on, Due on or before, Due After, or Overdue.
- Workflow – This option allows the user to filter on a specific Workflow Status based on what’s listed on each Sales Order. The list includes any customized Workflow statuses created in Configuration Management.
- Salesperson – If the user is assigned to a Salesperson in Configuration Management, the window will default to their name. The system administrator can restrict access by salesperson in the user permissions, if necessary. When a user isn’t restricted, they will have the ability to filter on another Salesperson’s name, as well as All. If the user is restricted, they will only be able to view their orders or the Unassigned orders.
- Once you’ve got a list of orders to work with based on the above-mentioned criteria, you can either select all by checking the top checked box or select orders one by one by checking the box to the far left of each row to schedule. For ease of use, we’ve setup a system that mimics the traffic light system to give the users a good picture of what needs to be scheduled:
- Green – The entire Sales Order is Scheduled and ready to ship
- Yellow – The detail of the Sales Order contains a mix of Scheduled and Backordered items
- Red – The detail of the Sales Order are completely Backordered. This does not mean the order itself has a status of Backordered, as that’s only available after the first invoice has been released.
- After selecting all or certain orders, click the Schedule button. Acctivate will go through each Sales Order and schedule items based on current availability.
- Any order selected with items set to Backordered which are now Scheduled will change to either Yellow or Green.
- You can now Print Pick Tickets or begin Preparing Invoices for these newly scheduled orders.
Schedule Orders Individually
- Open the Sales Order you wish to Schedule
- Click the Reset button
- Click Schedule
- This will prompt Acctivate to check each item listed on the order and schedule them based on current availability
- The user can then print any forms necessary before shipment and invoice the order