Acctivate offers a Webstore module, which provides a way to import in Customers and Sales Orders as well as export back Product Availability and Tracking Numbers. The Web Store logs contain a wealth of information that can be used to troubleshoot Web Store connection issues, mapping issues, the resulting XML data being returned by the Web Store sync, an option to refer back to previous logged messages and errors, and much more. During the implementation of this module, you may need to refer to the Web Store logs in order to troubleshoot mapping issues between the Web Store fields and the Acctivate fields. You can browse to this directory from any computer running Acctivate by following these simple steps:
- In Acctivate, select Help > Acctivate Support > Email Log File
- Once the Email Acctivate Log window is open, select to Open Folder. This will open the exception log directory.
- Within this Log directory, there is a sub-directory, called WebStore. Select to open this directory.
- The WebStore directory will create a new directory for each date in which the Web Store synchronization has been run. Within each dated directory, there is also a subdirectory for each time in which the synchronization is run. This way, you have a log of of the mapping and the result of synchronization.
Users can directly browse to this directory, also, by opening Windows Explorer and browsing to the \\servername\ACCTivateData\Log\Webstore directory, replacing the servername with the actual name of the server Acctivate is running on.
If you are working with an Acctivate Support Rep and a Support Rep recommends submitting the Web Store logs for review in troubleshooting a Web Store synchronization issue, we would recommend selecting the most recent day’s Web Store log and uploading this to your existing Support Request. You can accomplish this by:
- In the \\servername\ACCTivateData\Log\Webstore directory, right-click the most recent day’s log and select Send to > Compressed (Zipped) folder. Selecting this will zip up, or compress, the log.
- You can then copy this zip file to your desktop.
- When you have opened the related Support Request you can select to attach a file. Browse to the zipped file on your desktop and select to attach.