The information printed below replaces the handout mentioned in video.
The Import Data feature can be found on the menu item File > Import Data and allows customer, product and shipping information to be imported from a file. To create a new template for importing, select the Document Type > Create Mapping. The same basic steps are used for all Document Types.
Import Data — Mapping Editor
The Import Data Mapping Editor displays a preview of the spreadsheet you have selected.
- Column headings will appear at the top.
- Mapped columns will display in the preview screen.
- The Columns tab displays the fields available for import.
- The Product ID field is required for all imports of product information.
- Required fields must be included during an import of new products. However, only the Product ID field required for product update imports.
Import — Data Editor
The Import Data — Data Editor displays those records that will not import.
- The Errors box at the bottom of the screen will list the errors for each selected record.
- By selecting the individual records, you can change the data to be imported on this screen or change the spreadsheet and re-import.
Import Data — Confirmation Screen
The Confirmation Screen allows you to review the statistics of the data you imported and if any rows fail to import, a spreadsheet can be retrieved with all those failed rows.