Acctivate requires various component files to be installed and registered on your workstation in order to properly run. Occasionally, if an Acctivate Workstation Install is not completed successfully (i.e. errors are returned during the installation, or the installation is unable to install all required components), users may see a run time error when logging in to Acctivate.
This can be caused by a couple of reasons:
- The Workstation Install was not run by a Windows user with administrator privileges
- The ClientFiles folder in the Acctivate folder on the server is not shared with all users on the network
- The workstation running Acctivate has Windows updates waiting to be installed
The solution for this problem is to follow these three steps:
- Uninstall Acctivate on the workstation receiving the run time error
- Download the Workstation Install from our Downloads Page
- Run the Workstation Install as a Windows user with administrator privileges by right clicking the Workstation Install exe file, then click “Run As Administrator”
If you continue to receive this error after reinstalling Acctivate on the workstation, you can download some of the common client files from Microsoft here. You can also contact our support team for more help.