Like the Vendor and Salesperson lists, payment methods are maintained in QuickBooks. Below is a quick guide that walks through how to add a new payment method into QuickBooks then sync this data into Acctivate.
- In QuickBooks, go to Lists > Item List to open the Item List window
- In the Item List window, click the drop down arrow in the Item menu, then click New.
- Another window will open, allowing you to enter data for the new item. Click the Payment Method drop down list, then select “<Add New>”
- This will open the New Payment Method window. Enter a name for your new payment method (i.e., Paypal), then select a payment type. When finished, click “OK”.
- Now that the new payment method has been created, you can create a new Payment item to associate with this payment method, or associate it with an existing Payment item.
- To use this payment method in Acctivate, run a sync with QuickBooks. If successful, the new payment method will appear in your payment method list in Configuration Manager:
Once the payment method has been added in Configuration Manager, you can specify whether or not it should be a credit card. If this is enabled, users will need to enter a credit card number and expiration date when invoicing an order with this payment method.