Reports can be filtered by any data field in that report with the Select Expert button.
This feature allows you to filter a report on a single value, a range of values or a specific value, adding an additional level of detail on top of the report’s selection parameters.
Using the Select Expert button to filter report data:
- Click the Select Expert button located on the toolbar at the top of the Acctivate Report Preview window.
- Click the New… button from the Select Expert window that opens after clicking the button in step one.
- Choose a report data field that you would like to filter the report by. The fields are listed by the name of the data view, followed by the name of the data field. Once you’ve selected a field, click OK.
- Back in the Select Expert window, a new drop down menu will appear with a list of search criteria. Choose one from the list that best fits the type of search criteria you need.
- The data available for this dropdown can be viewed by clicking the Browse Data… or Browse… buttons.
- Back in the Select Expert window, click the OK button to see the report with this filter. You can follow steps 2-5 to add more filters to the report.Filters can also be removed with the Delete button in the Select Expert window.