The following message may appear when creating a Purchase Invoice when expense account has not been selected on PO:
Missing GL Expense account for line number 1, Purchase Invoice was not created
This is most likely the result of Standard Costs for Labor and Non-Inventoried items not being configured correctly.
- Verify the cost offset account the for warehouse has been configured.
- Verify the cost method for the product has been configured.
The expense account for a PO line is selected from the original purchase order. Use the following procedure to make sure the account is set properly:
- Click View PO on Purchase Invoice toolbar
- Scroll down to the line number from the popup message
- Look for the GL Expense Account (bottom row under unit and price)
- If the GL Expense Account is blank, be sure to select the proper expense account and try the Purchase Invoice again
NOTE: COGS accounts are typically selected by Product Class, but you can review the Sales / COGS section of Configuration Management if you’re not sure.