Acctivate can be configured to handle catch weight pricing. This allows the weight of each piece to be captured. This feature requires the item to be serial or lot-numbered. The weight for each lot number will be selected and the sales order pricing will be based on the total weight.
In order to use catch weight pricing we must first configure a relationship between the stocking unit of the lot or serial controlled item and a weight unit. For this example we will use a lot controlled product called ‘RIBEYE’. This product is stocked in the unit ‘Cs’, but will be priced by the ‘Lb’.
- Go to File> Configuration Management> Inventory> Units of Measure.
- Click on the Stocking Unit of the product. In this case we will choose ‘Cs’.
- Click Edit and enter in a relationship of Weight. We will indicate that there is 1 Cs in a Lb. (You must have your weight unit already setup). Click Save.
Configure the Product:
- Open your lot controlled item that is stocked in ‘Cs’.
- Click on the Specs tab of the product and enter in the typical weight of a Cs. Check the Variable box.
- Click on the Prices tab. Set the list price to be the price per pound. The price unit will be the weight unit, in this case it will be Lb.
- Save the product.
Creating a Sales Order:
- Open a new sales order and add the product. The sales order unit for this product is Cs.
- Click the Lot Numbers button to select the lots. On this screen you will need to enter in the actual weight of each lot. Close this window.
The sales order will pull two cases from inventory, but the actual weight of the lots selected will result in the sales price.