In Acctivate each product is required to have a Product Class. The Acctivate Product Class is typically the main way you will categorize your products and should not be confused with QuickBooks Class Tracking. The Acctivate Product Class is available as a drop down filter on the product search window and most of the standard reports filter on Product Class. Product Class is most commonly linked to your Income (Sales) and Cost of Goods Sold accounts.
Before a Product Class can be set by selected it from the drop down or importing from a spreadsheet you must first add them to the Product Class list in the Acctivate Configuration Manager this can be done individually or with a Product Class Import.
To manage your Product Class in Configuration Manager:
- Open Configuration Manager (File>Configuration Manager)
- Expand the Inventory folder
- Select Product Class
- Click the Edit Button
- If the list is long you may need to scroll to the bottom
- Add new Product Class ID (Limited to 8 Characters)
- Add new Description (Long description that appears in the drop down of product window)
- Select the appropriate Sales GL Account
- Select the appropriate COGS GL Account
- Place check mark in the Active box
Now you will be able to select the new Product Class from the drop down or use an import to set Product Class on a products.