Quickbooks will disable the original QuickBooks Merchant Service (QBMS) API in November 2019. All Acctivate users processing payments with QBMS will need to do the following:
- Download and install the latest Acctivate update (Version 10.3 sp7 or later)
- Re-establish the link to Intuit Payments using your Intuit Payments login
Once you’ve installed Version 10.3 sp7 or later, you’ll be prompted with the following message when logging into Acctivate:
QuickBooks Merchant Service has been merged with the Intuit Payment Network. In order to continue to process credit card transactions in Acctivate, you must reconnect your Acctivate company with your Intuit account by going to File > Configuration Management > Services > Credit Card Processing.
You will need to re-connect your Credit Card Processing service to Intuit Payments. You’ll do that in Configuration Manager on the Help menu in Acctivate using the following steps.
- Go to File > Configuration Manager > Services > Credit Card Processing.
- In Edit mode, change the “Configure for” to ‘Intuit Payments’ using the drop-down menu and click OK
- Click on “Connect to QuickBooks” when prompted to re-establish the connection to your QuickBooks account.
- You will be re-directed to an Intuit web page to log in. Please use your Intuit Account credentials. Click ‘Sign In’ to proceed setting up Intuit Payments with Acctivate.
- On the next screen, Search for a company, select your company from the drop-down and click Next.Note: You will need to set up the connection for each Acctivate company. Each Acctivate company can use a different Intuit payments company or the same company.
- You should see a message that says “Great! You’re all set with payments”. If not, carefully review the companies in the list again. You should see “Payment Enable” to confirm this is a company with an Intuit Payments account. Click Next to move to the next step.
- Click Connect as the final step to connect Acctivate to your Inuit Payments account.
- You should now switch back to Acctivate. In Configuration Manager in Acctivate, you should see the following message:
“Connected to QuickBooks. Please click Save.”
- Click Save on the toolbar, then close Configuration Manager.
Intuit Payments should now be connected to Acctivate. Please Contact Support if you have any questions.