If you scan a Product Barcode Label in Acctivate Mobile and receive a message stating “could not find product ‘some product’ in database”, here are a few steps on troubleshooting this message.
- Verify you are scanning a ProductID Barcode and not a Lot/Serial numbered Barcode.
- Verify that the ProductID, which was scanned, is actually a valid ProductID. Use the Product Lookup in Acctivate
- Verify the entire barcode is being printed on the label. If part of the barcode is missing, then the UPC Code will be incomplete.
- If scanning all Product Barcode Labels returns this message, check for a carriage return at the end of the referenced product in which you scanned. If the quote mark starts a new line in the message, then there is probably a post amble being added by the mobile device when scanning the ProductID.
- You can also verify a Preamble and a Postamble do NOT exist by browsing on the device to Start -> Settings -> System tab -> Intermec Settings. Browse through the list to Data Collection -> Internal Scanner -> Symbology Options. You should see two options, Preamble and Postamble. Remove any info in these fields.
- You can also try scanning the Product Barcode into a different application on the device to verify the ProductID is being read and entered in properly. You should be able to accomplish this by opening Notes on the device and scanning the barcode here.
If you continue to receive this message, please submit a Support Request here.