Acctivate can be moved to a new server computer at any time. Please read through all of the instructions before you begin.
Note: The following article applies to companies that are running a local, on-premise copy of Acctivate.
A. Install Acctivate on NEW server
- Please refer to our Server Install guide for step-by-step instructions.
- For SQL compatibility purposes we recommend using the Acctivate Full Install from the Acctivate Downloads site.
- Do not proceed until Acctivate is running and registered on the new server.
- The Acctivate license will be automatically transferred to the new server. A 10 day grace period is included in the license transfer to allow you to continue running Acctivate on your current server, while you set up the new server.
B. Copy Custom Crystal Reports to NEW server
- Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to the Custom Reports folder on the old server. It’s usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\ACCTivate\Reports\Custom\
- In version 9.0 or later, custom reports are located in a location similar to C:\ProgramData\Alterity\ACCTivate\CustomReports
- Select all files in that folder (Ctrl+A)
- Right-click on any of the selected files and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Adjust the file name of the Compressed (zipped) folder to ACCTivateCustomReports_20131206 (replacing with today’s date).
- Copy this file to any location on the new server. Right-click the zip file and choose Extract All
- Adjust the Destination Folder to the Custom Reports folder on the new server (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\ACCTivate\Reports\Custom)
C. Synchronize Acctivate and QuickBooks
- Log into Acctivate on a machine with QuickBooks installed
- Run a synchronization between Acctivate and QuickBooks
- Resolve any sync errors received
- Repeat step 2 after resolving any errors
- Exit Acctivate before moving to next step
D. Backup the Acctivate Database(s) on OLD server
- Launch Acctivate Database Maintenance from the Windows Start menu (Acctivate folder) on the OLD computer
- Select Backup / Restore from the Database menu
- Select the Company from the drop-down
- Adjust the Backup File to be a unique new, file. You can add today’s date to the file name. For example, ACCTivate$Demo20131206.bkf for December 6, 2013.
- Click Start Backup and click Yes to proceed.
- The Backup completed message will appear once it’s finished. Please write down the location of that file, you’ll need it later.
- Repeat the above backup procedure for each company.
- Launch Windows Explorer and locate the folder from step 6 above
- Create a ZIP file containing all of the BKF files that you just created (similar to above Custom Reports process)
- Rename the ZIP file to ACCTivateDatabasesyyyymmdd.zip, replacing yyyymmdd with today’s date.
- Copy the ZIP file over the network (or with a flash USB drive) to the Desktop or Documents folder on the new server computer.
E. Copy QuickBooks company file(s) to NEW server
- We recommend that you create a QuickBooks Backup (QBB) on the OLD server computer, then restore it on the NEW computer
- Further details on moving QuickBooks to a new server is not covered in this article. Please contact QuickBooks support or your certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for assistance with QuickBooks.
F. Set up the Acctivate Company List on NEW server
- Launch Acctivate Database Maintenance from the Windows Start menu (Acctivate folder) on the NEW server
- Choose Database Info from the Database menu
- Click New Company on the toolbar
- Fill in the Company Fields, then click Save on toolbar
- Company ID: Short ID, no spaces or punctuation. This will form the database name (e.g., Database for “YourCompanyID” would be ACCTivate$YourCompanyID)
- Name: Full Company Name; displayed in Acctivate Window Title Bar and Company drop-down on Login window
- Database Source: This setting corresponds to the available Microsoft SQL Servers provisioned for this server. Acctivate points to the default YourServerName\ACCTIVATE instance.
- QuickBooks data file: Use the Browse (…) button to select the location of your QuickBooks file (QBW) on the NEW server computer.
- The Do not convert to Universal name option should typically be left as-is (unchecked). The QuickBooks company file is typically in a shared, network folder available for users.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for each company that you are copying to the new server computer.
G. Restore Acctivate Database(s) on NEW server
- Use Steps 1-6 from C (above) to determine the new backup folder location on the NEW server. Note: Follow those instructions for the Demo company only.
- Extract the backup files from the ZIP file to the new backup folder.
- Select Backup / Restore from the Database menu in Acctivate Database Maintenance on the NEW server.
- Select the Restore option and choose the Company to be restored.
- Click View Sets.. to load the database backup file. You should see only one Backup Set.
- Select the Backup Set in the list and click Start Restore.
- Click Yes to proceed and wait. The restore process can take longer than the original backup on the old server. Please be patient while it finishes.
- Click OK once you see the Restore Completed message.
H. Log in and verify each restored company on NEW server
- Launch Acctivate on the NEW server.
- Note: Acctivate should be registered on the new server at this point. If not, you will NOT see your newly restored companies in the list.
- Choose the restored company from the Company drop-down and provide your credentials.
- Click Login and follow the instructions to update the database if you’ve installed a newer version of Acctivate.
- Ensure that your recent transactions exist in the restored company before continuing.
I. Update Acctivate workstations
The following procedure is the best way to re-direct Acctivate workstation computers to the new server. You may find it easier to simply update all of the shortcuts (Desktop and Start Menu) manually, but a re-install is recommended.
- Uninstall Acctivate from the Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs)
- Follow the Workstation Install guide to set up Acctivate on the workstation computer
- Be sure to select the new Acctivate server network path when prompted (e.g., \\NewServerName\ACCTivate)
- Launch Acctivate on the workstation and verify you can log in to each company.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each workstation on your network
Note: Be sure that remote workers are connecting to the new server with Remote Desktop
J. Remove Acctivate from the OLD server
Be sure that no one is still accessing Acctivate and/or QuickBooks on the old server. We recommend that you uninstall the Acctivate software and consider doing the same for Microsoft SQL Server once you have migrated to the new server.
You may also want to stop sharing the the Acctivate folders on the old server (e.g., \\OldServer\ACCTivate, \\OldServer\ACCTivateData, etc).