This is a branch of your company that product is stored in and can be shipped from. This is not the same thing as a warehouse, which may be virtual (you may have a warehouse called “old stock”).
The branch typically is an actual location with a physical address and a phone number that customers can call to place orders from.
To create a new branch:
- Select File > Configuration Management to open the Configuration Manager.
- Select Customer folder > Branch.
- In the Branch Information window, click the New button.
- Enter a unique Branch ID in the Branch field.
- Check or uncheck the Active checkbox, depending on whether or not you want the branch to be available for current transactions.
- Complete the rest of the fields according to their descriptions.
- Click the Save button.