Built into the ACCTivate! system is the ability to track and manage customer types. These types are 100% configurable by you and can even include non-customers such as prospects.
The first step in the process is to setup and configure your customer types.
- Select File > Configuration Management to open the Configuration Manager.
- Open the Customer folder, which will display a list of options.
- Click the Customer Type option.
- Make Prospect active by checking the Active box, which will allow you to label a customer as a prospect in the Customer window under the Type field.
Labeling a Customer as a Prospect
After the customer types are developed, simply select the correct type for your “customer” (your prospect).
- Select Customer > Customer Information to open the Customer window.
- In the Customer tab, select Prospect in the Type field to label the Customer as a prospect. The options under Type can be configured as described above.
- The customer can be labeled as a prospect when a new customer is entered or a current customer can be changed to Type > Prospect by clicking the Edit button.
You have the ability to search and filter for just the specific customer types that you want to look up.
- Open the Customer window, select Customer > Customer Information on the menu bar.
- Next, use the Lookup button, next to the Customer Name field to display the Find Customer window.
- Click on the arrow next to the Type field at the bottom and select Prospect to view all prospective customers.
- Select a prospect to view customer information about that specific prospect.