From time to time it will be necessary to issue stock (deplete your inventory) for non-sales uses. Doing this may require its own GL Account, as well. This might include sending samples, salesman usage, demonstration pieces or even donations of inventory.
You can assign a default GL Account to each Warehouse in Configuration Management. There are also User Permissions to allow/disallow users to change the GL Account listed on the Inventory Issue.
Create new Inventory Issue
- Go to Inventory > Inventory Issues
- Click New to create a new Session
- Enter information into the header fields: Reference, Issue Document, Warehouse and Description (Document Date will automatically populate its field with the current date, but it can be changed).
- If the GL Expense Account is blank, select an account using the magnifying glass.
Select the Products
- In the data grid, click inside the Product ID field and either type the product ID manually followed by tab or click on the Lookup button that appears in the field.
- Enter the quantity being issued out. Positive quantities deduct inventory while negative quantities add inventory to your warehouse. Think of it like a Sales Order.
- If necessary, enter information into the Lot/Serial Number, Note fields, and select Location.
- After entering all pertinent details, click Save.
- Either close window (and Post later) or press Post to remove or add to your inventory.
- A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to post your inventory transaction. Click Yes or No.
- The Report Selection Criteria window will automatically open. You can print this for your records if needed.
Viewing the Inventory Issue Transaction Report later
- To view the Inventory Issue Report later, go to Inventory > Inventory Reports or click the Reports icon > Inventory Management.
- Expand Transactions > Inventory Issue
- Click Select or double-click on the Report Name
- Choose the appropriate filters based on your needs.
- Click either the Preview (to view before printing) or Print button.