The Acctivate system allows you to establish reminders for just about any type of activity that you can think of. Best of all, you can establish the specific date that you want the reminder to appear and assign it to a specific user.
You can establish reminders within the Notes tab of many Acctivate windows.
- In the window you are in select the Notes tab.
- Click the Edit button to add a note.If you are in the Business Activities window, after edit is clicked, click the Add note button (this is not necessary in the other windows).
- Type your note.
- If necessary, enter a follow-up date in the Followup field.
- If necessary, click in the By field (for all windows except the Business Activities window) and from the drop-down list, select a user to assign the note to.
In the Business Activities window, this field is labeled, Assigned.
- Click the Save button.
- The reminder will now appear in Alerts > Business Alerts window under the Reminder tab.
To filter reminders for a specific user use the Assigned To drop-down menu (near the top-right).
To view unassigned reminders check the Include unassigned activities checkbox.
How can I use reminders?
Reminders allow you to simply remind someone of information or an action that they need to take.
Here are a couple of examples of what you might use reminders for:
- Reminder to follow up with a Customer (Customer Information Window).
- Reminder to check inventory on a particular product (Product Information Window).
- Reminder to follow-up on a Purchase Order (Purchase Order Window).
- Reminder to follow-up on a Sales Order (Sales Order Window).