In preview mode reports can be exported into any of the following formats:
Acrobat Format (PDF), Crystal Reports (RPT), HTML 3.2 and 4.0, MS Excel 97-2000, MS Excel 97-2000 (Data only), MS Word, MS Word – Editable, ODBC, Record style (columns no spaces), Record style (columns with spaces), Report Definition, Rich Text Format, Separated Values (CSV), Tab-separated text, Text and XML.
Acctivate provides various reports, which can be accessed from the desktop menu items or they automatically pop-up when specific procedures are performed, like posting inventory in an inventory transaction. Provided reports include purchasing, sales, business activity and customer reports.
- Open the specific report (i.e. purchasing, sales order, business activity, or customer report) you want to export.
- In the Report Selection Criteria window, use the Filter and Value columns to display specific information in the report.
- Click the Preview button.
- In preview mode, click the Export Report button.
- In the Export window, you can select the format you wish to save the report file as (i.e. a PDF, Excel document, etc.). Note: If you select MS Excel 97-2000 the report will be exported as an Excel spreadsheet, which is formatted as is in the preview window. If you select MS Excel 97-2000 (Data only) then only the data will be exported in an unformatted form.
- From the Destination field select from the following to export the report to the appropriate format:
- Application: Application destination exports the report to a temporary file in the specified format and then opens the file in the appropriate application.
- Disk File: Disk file exports the report in the specified format to a specified disk.
- Exchange Folder: Exporting to a Microsoft Exchange folder exports the report in the specified format to an Exchange folder so that the exported report can be accessed through a Microsoft Exchange client such as Microsoft Outlook.
- MAPI: MAPI exports the report in the specified format as an e-mail attachment. Note: for this format to work, you must have a mail client installed.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Export Options window (which will be specific to the selected format) that opens choose the appropriate options for the export.
- Click the OK button.
- The report will automatically open in the application of the selected format. For example, if you chose to export the report as an Excel spreadsheet, the report will open in Microsoft Excel. You can then select Save as in the application and save the formatted report to the desired directory.