The Acctivate Evaluation is provided to prospective clients and partners via a Remote Desktop Connection to a virtual server. The virtual server contains the latest version of Acctivate running in a fictitious company, Southwestern Industries.
An Acctivate representative will send you an email with a Remote Desktop Connection file (RDP). Contained within this file is a connection to a unique server with your own, personal copy of the software for your evaluation.
The following step-by-step instructions will ensure a successful evaluation.
NOTE: Mac OS X users must download the Microsoft Remote Desktop (8.0 or later) before they can connect via the RDP file. These instructions were compiled on a Windows 8 computer, but are similar on all operating systems.
- You will receive an email from your Acctivate account executive. This email will contain a link to download a Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) file.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Download folder. Double-click the Acctivate Eval – Your Company file you received (above).
- Check the Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer box and click Connect.
- In the Windows Security window, select to use a different account or the More Choices button, in Windows 10, to enter a different User Account.
- Enter in the username of ‘\Demo’, making sure no Domain prefix is included in the username. Notice the backslash at the beginning of the username, which will clear your Domain from the username.
- Enter ACCTivate!Eval for the password, check the Remember my credentials box and click OK.
- The Windows Server desktop should be appear. The Acctivate software should launch automatically. It may take 45-60 seconds to initialize the very first time, but subsequent launches should be much faster. Login with User ID: SYS with no password.
- The Remote Desktop window is full-screen by default. You can use the following process to adjust the Remote Desktop window to run in a smaller window:
- Click Logoff on the Windows Start Menu in Remote Desktop (if it’s running)
- Right-click on the Acctivate Eval Remote Desktop file that you saved (above) and click Edit
- Select the Display tab then drag the slider from the right (i.e., Full Screen) down to a lower resolution (e.g., 1024 x 768)
- Select the General tab, click Save then Close the window
- Double-click on the Acctivate Eval remote desktop file to reconnect at your new resolution
If you are unable to successfully connect to the evaluation environment when running the Remote Desktop file, click here.