Acctivate handles its reporting needs by utilizing Crystal Reports (SAP / Business Objects). The Acctivate installer includes the Crystal Report “Viewer” which allows reports to be viewed within Acctivate. Many standard forms and reports are included with Acctivate, but we understand that each customer would like to have their reports personalized to some degree. Our support team can assist with slight modifications of standard reports. In the event you wish to create more advanced reports or add functionality to an existing report, we recommend you discuss this with your Consulting Partner. If you are not currently working with an Acctivate Consulting Partner, our support team can recommend one to assist with your reporting needs.
You may also want to consider purchasing the Crystal Reports software. This allows you to directly modify forms and create custom reports. Alterity does not sell Crystal Reports, but you can buy SAP Crystal Reports 2011 directly from SAP / Business Objects.
NOTE: Reports created with the following Crystal Reports versions are fully supported:
- Crystal Reports 9
- Crystal Reports 10
- Crystal Reports XI (version 11)
- Crystal Reports XI R2 (version 11.5)
- Crystal Reports 2008 (version 12)
- Crystal Reports 2011 (version 14)
- Crystal Reports 2013
- Crystal Reports 2016
Below you will find videos, screen guides and specific articles. To view the complete archive of Report articles, click here.
- Acctivate Data View Definitions
A list of database views that can be used in reports or direct read only access in the Acctivate database.
- Acctivate Standard Report List
A list of all pre-loaded reports that Acctivate comes with, along with a brief description of each.
- Building Crystal Reports
An introduction to the Crystal Reports software, the Acctivate database and the Acctivate Report Catalog.
- Reporting Inside and Out
Covers how to configure reports inside the Configuration Manager followed by how to work with your reports and their data. Once we are done covering all the various reporting aspects inside of Acctivate, we step outside the system and move into Crystal to see how you can modify standard Acctivate reports. Find out what you need to do to get started in creating reports from scratch and how to add those new reports to your Acctivate Reporting Menus.
- Reporting Q&A Session
Follow up presentation from Reporting Inside and Out to cover questions from our customers.
- Database Queries
Learn how to create custom Database Queries using Microsoft Excel and SQL Server. Get tips on locating information in the Acctivate database and simple database queries using Structured Query Language (SQL).
Setup and Configuration
- Acctivate Code List
- Login to Acctivate database in Crystal Reports
- Connect to Acctivate database with Microsoft Access
- Barcodes for Warehouse Locations
Screen Reference Guides
- Advanced Report filters
- Report Catalog
- Finding and Adjusting Products with Negative Quantity on Hand
- Filter reports
- Change filtering criteria for reports
- Drill down from Crystal Reports and Dashboard
- Report Catalog
- Enter printer assignments
- Custom reports tips
- Import Report
- Set Default Sales Order Reports and Email Templates
- Export a report into another format
- Easily print specific pages or multiple copies of a report as a PDF
- Email a copy of a report
- Export Crystal Reports information to Microsoft Excel
- Barcode fonts not found
- Invalid TRV Error
- New/modified Crystal report doesn’t load
- “Not Implemented” message printing Crystal Reports
- Database Vendor Code: 4414″ error when opening a Crystal Report