In this phase of your Implementation of Acctivate, it is now time to start planning to go live. There are a few more things we need to consider before we are ready to go live.
- Review reports for critical changes
- Confirm customer quote, sales order, and invoice include necessary information to provide to the customer
- Review Pick Ticket and Packing Slip for pertinent information
- Review Inventory Reorder Report to determine how sales orders will show what is needed to replenish stock
- Review Open Orders, Backorder, and Orders Backlog by Product to determine orders which require management for future shipments
- Test Product Import from Excel Spreadsheets (if applicable)
- Add new products to your item list, including required product fields
- Update different product attributes, such as product class, color, keywords, etc.
- Update to a new list price
- Add vendors and update vendor cost
- Test importing quantity on hand to establish initial inventory count (if applicable)
- Update other warehouse information such as location ID or reorder points
- Synchronize with QuickBooks – Synchronize all transactions and confirm the following transferred as expected in Quickbooks
- All sync transactions should pass with a green check; otherwise sync errors should be understood and resolved. Click on the View Log button at end of sync to determine error. Search the help site for possible resolutions.
- Customer invoice transferred and created Accounts Receivable and Revenue transaction
- Inventory was reduced due to sale and expensed to Cost of Goods Sold
- Inventory was received and posted to Purchase Suspense account
- Vendor Invoice posted to Accounts Payable and reduced Purchase Suspense account
- Adjustments to inventory impacted asset account and adjustment account
Once you have completed the Core Training of Acctivate, it will be time to discuss the more advanced modules in Acctivate and how these modules can be implemented into your business process. Some more advanced features and modules that will be discussed in this phase of the Acctivate Implementation will be:
- Shopping Cart/Web Store Sales Order Imports
- EDI Sales Order Imports
- Multiple Location Module
- Shipping Workstation
- Package Manager
- QuickBooks Merchant Services
- Mobile Modules
Modifications and Recommendations
At this point, you have trained on the basics of Acctivate and now understand how your Business will function using the software. It is at this stage of your Implementation in which your Project Director may make some recommendations on how to better utilize Acctivate specifically for your business.
Your Project Director will also discuss any possible modifications to your Customer or Product Imports that may need to take place at the time in which you Go Live with Acctivate. Click here to review Customer and Product Imports.
Schedule your Go Live
Your users should now have a basic understanding of how to use Acctivate. Your imports have been prepared and you have planned the implementation of other advanced modules. Contact your Project Director in order to schedule your Go Live Date.
If you are new to QuickBooks, refer to the Model company creation page for information on what lists are required before a new company creation. Keep in mind, the live QuickBooks file needs to be a file which has not been connected with Acctivate in the past.